When installing an RS Production client (version 18.6 and up), Watchdog is also included. Watchdog makes sure that the client is always active when the computer is restarted (i.e. after power failure opr Windows update). This program is very useful on terminals running Operator Tools.
How to activate Watchdog:
- If Operator Tools is started in full screen mode, press ALT+ENTER to exit full screen
- Right click on the Butler icon in the activity field in Windows, in the lower right corner by the Windows clock. The icon looks like this alternative
- Select "Settings"
- Click on "Enable watchdog"
- Click on the red cross in the upper right corner to exit
- Do NOT click on "Exit RS Butler"
- If the icons are red instead of green, , please contact Good Solutions support team. Watchdog functionality is not affected by the icon color but the update service for the WPF client have no contact with the RS update server.